Guide to installing the Cyber Engine Tweaks patch into the game
Before installing, make sure you're running the game in Windowed Borderless. The console will not work properly in fullscreen mode and can cause the game to freeze or not function.
- 2.Unzip to anywhere on your desktop. After unzipping the file, you will see a bin folder.
- 3.Drag the bin folder to your Cyberpunk install directory. Example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077
- 4.If installed properly, the Cyber Engine Tweaks files (plugins folder, LICENSE, global.ini, version.dll) will be in the x64 folder of your install directory.
- 5.Ensure all apps that add overlays to the game (Rivatuner, Fraps, Afterburner, Discord, Steam, Gog, Windows 10 Game Bar, Geforce Experience, et cetera) are disabled as the console may not open with overlays active.
- 6.Launch the game!
- 7.When you first start the game, a window will appear prompting you to choose a keybind to bring up the overlay. Pick any key and save it. Now it will open with that key from now on.
- 8.(Optional) To check that everything works you can look at the logs in
<cyberpunk install path>/bin/x64/plugins/cyber_engine_tweaks/cyber_engine_tweaks.log
When installing through nexus, make sure to use hardlink deployment.
In the TweakDB Editor entries such as weapons, effects, consumables, etc. use a hash:
<TDBID:EAB61494:1D>.This can be cumbersome to read and remember. Loading the dictionary will allow for displaying more human-friendly definitions such as
- 3.Move both files to the CET folder within the game installation e.g.
- 4.Launch the game!
- 5.Open Cyber Engine Tweaks overlay (using the key you bound before, see Installation above)
- 6.Navigate to TweakDB Editor then to the Advanced tab, and follow the instructions.
If you run into problems with installation, please check the troubleshooting page before asking in Discord:
For a list of console commands for beginners, check out the "How do I ____?" page:
If the installation was successful and you can see the log files, the next step is to configure the mod:
Alternative installation instructions for Linux (Proton) can be found here:
For a more comprehensive list of commands and global functions, check the following pages: