Comment on page
If Cyber Engine Tweaks isn't working, here's what you can do
- If you're experiencing microstutters, check here
Otherwise, read on for the full troubleshooting instructions.
Before trying anything else, please make sure that your Windows and your graphics driver are up-to-date – this actually helps in around 50% of all cases. If you need instructions, you can find them in the red box under the general troubleshooting guide's Broken link section.
Go to your Cyberpunk 2077 game directory, since all paths given in this guide will be relative to that folder.
CET is installed to
The log file is
Your keybind is stored in
Each version of CET is compatible with exactly one game version. Nobody keeps track of those other than "the most recent ones work together".
For that reason, the Redmodding Discord can only support you the most recent version.
If there's a mismatch, then you can find a warning in the following file:
If you don't have that file, proceed to Step 2.
Go to your Cyberpunk 2077 game directory and check the following subfolder:
It should have at least the following files:
If everything looks okay in step 1, check if you have a file
cyber_engine_tweaksfolder from the previous screenshot.
No log file means that CET isn't starting up.
- If you did that and it didn't help, check your antivirus. Most likely, it is protecting you from scary things like Cyber Engine Tweaks. Disable it.
Uninstalling (the full game or just the mod via Vortex) can leave files behind, which will fuck things up for you after a reinstall. This section tells you how to avoid that.
- 1.If you are using Vortex, turn it off (it will get angry otherwise)
- 2.Complete either of the following steps:
- delete the file
- move the folder
(e.g. your Desktop). Do not delete it yet.
- 4.Extract the downloaded archive to your game directory (the bin folder will merge with the one that is already there)
- 6.Optional: Restore your mods and/or settings Now that CET works, find the old directory from step 2. Move the following files/folders:
- 1.Mods: the directory
modsfrom the old
- 2.Settings: The .json files directly inside
- 7.Optional: delete the old folder (or leave it, it's your diskspace)
- 8.That's it! You're good to go!
- 1.Find the file
\bin\x64\plugins\cyber_engine_tweaks\bindings.jsonand delete it.
- 2.Start the game.
- 3.You should now see a popup asking you to bind a key. Otherwise, read on.
Click into the "Binding..." field.
If that doesn't help, make sure to turn off all your overlays (Discord, Steam, Microsoft Game Bar, Random Useless Bloatware) or start Cyberpunk in the Windowed Borderless mode.
If that doesn't help, you can find us in
#cet-supporton the REDmodding Discord. Please note that people there will first suggest everything else from this guide, so you might as well get it out of the way first.
This is a known issue with AMD cards, and it's not something the CET developers can fix. Everyone who could fix it is informed, but such things take time. If you're on an AMD card, you can try running your game in Windowed Borderless mode. Otherwise, you just have to live with the crashes.
Please ensure the following:
- 1.If you have modified your game's .exe file yourself, the mod will not work - to undo this, delete the file and verify your game through GOG, Steam or Epic to download a fresh copy of the newest exe.
- 2.Update your game. You are using a patch that is not supported. Only current versions are supported. (current version is 1.6)
- 3.You used the old version of the mod and still have the old files installed. Delete bin/x64/plugins/ and reinstall the mod.
- 4.Do a repair on your installation with no other mod files installed (redscript, cet, et cetera) then install CET as you normally would and check the log file. If it still isn't working, uninstall cyberpunk 2077 and do a complete wipe of the install folder.
Install this - if nothing happens, please make sure all of your overlays and monitoring programs are disabled. There is a list of known programs that cause issues below. If you find one not on the list, contact Arsenic_Touch via the discord.
Cyber Engine Tweaks no longer comes with a config file, one is generated when you first launch the mod.
When first launching cyber engine tweaks, it will prompt you to pick a keybind. Tilde is no longer the default. Keyboard input is blocked until a keybind is chosen. If you do not see the pop up, look below for further troubleshooting steps.
Certain programs conflict with the hook that Cyber Engine Tweaks use to display the console - to avoid this, disable any software with overlays that may impact the mod (some examples below). This includes crashing the game or not launching at all. OBS graphics-hook32.dll and graphics-hook64.dll can also interfere. Do a search of your windows files to see if you have a program running them. For rivatuner, you can also open the Global file with notepad++, which is located in RivaTuner Statistics Server\ProfileTemplates and add cyber_engine_tweaks.asi to the end of the decimal in the line: InjectionDelayTriggers
- 1.Open Windows Security
- 2.Go to Apps & Browser control on the left tabs
- 3.Click Exploit protection settings Under the Exploit Protection section
- 4.In the Systems Settings tab locate Randomize memory allocations (Button-up ASLR) and High-entropy ASLR and change their settings to Use default (On).
- 5.Restart your computer.
Credit to discord user @rachmanov1c @OrBy
Please verify that:
- 1.Your version of Cyberpunk is compatible with the newest release on GitHub or Nexus (this can be seen in the menu, underneath "Quit Game")
- 4.You have verified that the log found in
bin/x64/plugins/cyber_engine_tweaks/cyber_engine_tweaks.logis 'last modified' at the same time and date as your most recent attempt to launch the game
- 5.Remove all previous mods in the mods folder and try to launch the game. If it works, add your mods back one by one until you find the one that breaks CET. Some mods can break CET completely or change the overlay colour if they are not up to date.
There are six possible solutions to this:
- 3.Make sure your game is up to date and you are using the latest version of Cyber Engine Tweaks and that you installed it properly. (do a clean install by deleting the plugins folder, LICENSE, global.ini, version.dll files if you are running into a problem)
- 4.Run the game as administrator. (this works for some people where other methods have failed)
- 5.Check to make sure your antivirus software is not removing or blocking cyber engine tweaks.
- 6.Do a complete reinstall of cyberpunk 2077.
- 1.Delete the bindings.json file located in
bin/x64/plugins/cyber_engine_tweaks/and start your game, the overlay will to choose a new keybind should come up. If it doesn't, check the known list of programs that can interfere.
If you see in your log that your game is freezing on CRender and you have problem like this you should try steps provided below.
1. If you are using mod manager disable CET temporarily, if you are not using mod manager then follow uninstallation guide. 2. Launch the game without CET and disable FSR/DLSS 3. Install/Enable Cyber Engine Tweaks and launch the game, the problem should be gone.
Please ensure you attempt deleting and reinstalling the mod before submitting an issue! Alternatively, consider asking in the Discord server. Additionally, please check to ensure your issue has not already been reported!
- Your configuration file
- Your Cyber Engine Tweaks version and your Cyberpunk 2077 version
- Your log file
- Your OS version
- A description of your issue