How to import and export textures
WolvenKit is capable of exporting Cyberpunk XBM files to common formats like png. It will try and automatically determine the correct import settings based on the file name.
- 1.Add the xbm file to your project
- 2.Open the Export tool (Tools -> Export Tool)
- 3.Select your texture
- 4.Click "Export Selected"
This will generate a png file in your project's raw folder.
Choose a common image format for exported textures.
Vertically invert textures for convenience
WolvenKit is capable of importing custom images as Cyberpunk XBM files. The Import/Export Tool can replace an existing XBM or generate new standalone XBM.
For compatibility reasons, you might want to stick to png files.
The easiest way to go about it is this:
- 1.Add an existing xbm file of the same type that you want to import to your Wolvenkit project.
- 3.Overwrite the png with your edited texture.
- 4.Open the Import tool, and select your png file. The correct settings should be applied automatically.
- 5.Click "Import Selected".
Sets isGamma boolean upon import. Color textures (such as diffuse) must be set as true, or they will appear blown-out or too bright in-game.